Job vacancies at Ichthus Christian Fellowship
Role: General Administrator
Starting date: As soon as possible
Salary: Competitive, Experience and skills dependent. The salary will be reviewed annually.
Working hours: 35 hours a week (09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday), but may include occasional evening and/or weekend work with time off in lieu.
Place of work: Forest Hill, South East London (SE23)
Ichthus Christian Fellowship is looking for a General Administrator who is a committed Christian with a missional heart. This office-based role will play an integral part in fulfilling our vision to further Jesus’ kingdom through our congregations, link churches and overseas mission work.
The candidate will need to be approachable and personable, as they will be dealing with a wide range of people and handling diverse enquiries. They will have to show initiative and be reliable, with pastoral sensitivity and good judgement. They will be level-headed, able to thrive on a combination of routine administrative work and projects that demand innovation and imagination. They will need to have the flexibility to work well with teams and individuals, as well as being trustworthy and effective when working alone. The candidate should draw on past experience as an administrator to bring support to a faith based and visionary organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Assist with the co-ordination, administration and bookings of the annual conferences
– Attend conference and event planning meetings to keep abreast of projects
– To be the primary responder to incoming office phone calls, answering in a professional manner and forwarding calls where necessary
– Respond to email enquiries appropriately and promptly
– Perform document management, maintaining and updating digital and physical filing systems
– When required, photocopy or print documents, leaflets, etc.
– To have overall responsibility for the Ichthus contacts database and carry out mail merges
– When required, take meeting minutes or draft reports
– Process the incoming mail and frank the outgoing mail to prepare and dispatch letters and emails as necessary
– To represent Ichthus well in the interface with external bodies and promote Ichthus’ vision and values
– Work towards ensuring the smooth running of the offices which includes a variety of ad-hoc tasks and other duties that may reasonably be required
– Take on and respond to incoming enquiries and tasks from remote workers e.g. congregation leaders
– Monthly attendance for an hour at an Ichthus mid-week prayer meeting
– Play an active part in the spiritual and practical life of the Ichthus office and attend office staff meetings for feedback, prayer and devotions
– To undertake personal development and training as required
Required Qualifications and Experience
– A good level of general education, including numeracy and literacy (GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths or similar qualification)
– A good working knowledge of using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
– Excellent organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
– Good written and oral communication skills
– Good typing speed (touch typist or demonstrable keyboard proficiency)
– Proven experience of prioritising a varied workload and working to deadlines
– Ability to draft documents, take minutes and form agendas
– Experience of relating well to people from a variety of backgrounds and the proven ability to work collaboratively with others
– Ability to deal with challenging situations appropriately and sensitively, whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times
Desired Qualifications and Experience
– Knowledge of Ichthus’ visions and values
– A qualification in administration, business or event management
– Experience of working in administration in the church / charity sector could be beneficial
– Ease and familiarity with internet-based research and social media
– Experience with online booking systems, CRM & Salesforce
– Full UK driving license and the willingness to occasionally travel within Greater London
The small size and distinctiveness of our team require of each member of staff to have an attitude of cheerful flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements. This enhances the dynamic of our work environment and provides opportunities to shine in areas beyond purely administrative tasks.
We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter if you feel inspired by this advert and if you would like to see yourself filling this role.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com