Job vacancies at Ichthus Christian Fellowship
Starting date: As soon as possible
Salary: Competitive, Experience and skills dependent. The salary will be reviewed annually.
Working hours: 35 hours a week (09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday), but may include occasional evening and/or weekend work with time off in lieu.
Place of work: Forest Hill, South East London (SE23)
Ichthus Christian Fellowship is looking for a dynamic and motivated Event Administrator.
Ichthus has been planting churches in London for over 40 years. We are at present working in 8 London boroughs as well as serving the wider church through annual Conferences, sending out Overseas missionaries and partnering with Link churches in the UK and Europe.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to use their gifts and abilities to be part of seeing the Good News of Jesus go out into London and the UK. We are looking for a dynamic and organised person who is willing to be flexible, work collaboratively, shows attention to detail and enjoys a job with plenty of variety.
You will be working closely with Ichthus Leaders and the Ichthus Manager fulfilling a crucial role leading up to and during our conferences. Approximately half of the Event Administrator’s time will be spent ensuring our three annual conferences are administrated well and working alongside Visionary Leaders as well as liaising with conference venues. The other half of the Administrator’s job will involve facilitating the day-to-day activities of Ichthus in London alongside our Ichthus Manager and other office staff.
- – The Events Administrator is responsible for the effective and efficient administration of annual and one-off conferences and events of varying complexity and sizes (usually between 50 and 1200 delegates)
- – Support and facilitate communication between internal groups and individuals who are taking the lead in defining the vision, theme & design, programme and expectations for the respective events
- – Liaise with external providers such as venues, infrastructure providers, caterers, etc. as well as with external speakers and special guests
- – As required attend planning and steering meetings and take minutes
- – Work to deadlines and ensure the timely completion of the various work streams
- – Take responsibility during the event to handle the check-in of delegates, manage payments, keep and update records and provide administrative support throughout the event. (For some events this may include the recruiting, training and leading of a team of volunteers from within the Fellowship)
- – Assist with the coordination of marketing materials (web, print, email) in liaison with the communications officer by obtaining and providing event related information
- – Update, add and manage contact details of delegates and other contacts in compliance with the latest data protection regulations and Ichthus’ policies
- – Monitor a number of event and general admin related email inboxes and respond to or re-distribute emails as appropriate
- – Be the primary responder to incoming office phone calls, answering in a professional manner and forwarding calls where necessary
- – Represent Ichthus well in the interface with external bodies and promote Ichthus’ vision and values
- – Work towards ensuring the smooth running of the offices which includes a variety of ad-hoc tasks and other duties that may reasonably be required
- – Monthly attendance for an hour at an Ichthus mid-week prayer meeting
- – Play an active part in the spiritual and practical life of the Ichthus office and attend office staff meetings for feedback, prayer and devotions
- – Undertake personal development and training as required
You need to…
- – have excellent written, telephone and face-to-face communication and customer service skills
- – be able to sensitively, confidentially and appropriately interact with individuals of all walks of life – including well-known/high profile individuals
- – be able to confidentially handle sensitive information
- – have a good working knowledge of using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- – be proactive while knowing when to refer to superiors or leaders
- – have the proven ability to remain calm, polite and focused when facing the pressures of nearing deadlines, spiritual and practical pressure, and situations of ambiguity
- – have experience with prioritising a varied workload and working to deadlines
- – have the proven ability to work collaboratively with others including individuals that work remotely from the Ichthus office
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- – Knowledge of and agreement with Ichthus Christian Fellowship’s visions and values
- – The ideal candidate will have experience or a qualification in Event Management, Business Administration or has worked in a similar role in a church or charity context before
- – Ease and familiarity with internet-based research and social media
- – Experience with Mail Chimp, Salesforce and other cloud-based technologies
- – Full UK driving license and the willingness to occasionally travel within Greater London
The small size and distinctiveness of our team require each member of staff to have an attitude of cheerful flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements. This enhances the dynamic of our work environment and provides opportunities to shine in areas beyond purely administrative tasks.
If you have the vision and the ability to fulfil this role professionally, please apply with a cover letter and CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com